Fall 2015 – Middle School Sports Update
Our Saint Francis Middle School sport teams have been very busy this fall. Congratulations to all of our teams for their hard work and dedication.
- Girls’ Fastpitch Softball made it to the semifinals of the MAAC with a young and talented team. Although they didn’t bring home the title, the future is bright for the Lady Knights softball team as they will return all but one player next year. 8th grade Captain, Taryn Kaufman, will be missed!
- 7th and 8th Grade Football started the season with a big win. Unfortunately, the season was filled with injuries. The Knights, however, battled on and improved throughout the season. The “Cookout at the Castle” and “Pink Out” nights drew great crowds.
- 5th and 6th Grade Football played many close games and came out victorious twice, including the season finale against North Cobb Christian at Saint Francis High School. All the boys played hard and showed improvement throughout the season.
- The Cross Country team had an impressive season. Saint Francis had many top ten finishers in all competitions, including two hosted at Saint Francis High school. Many runners and their families took part in the Dyslexia Dash, a charity 5k held on Saturday, October 16th. In the MAAC Championships, the girls finished 5th and the boys finished 3rd. 7th grader, Hannah Miniutti, took home first place for the girls.
- The Girls’ B Volleyball Team started the season slowly as they were developing their skills and learning to work together. They finished the season on a big winning streak and took home the MAAC Championship with back to back wins against tough competition at Saint Martin’s.
- The Girls’ A Volleyball Team went through league competition without a blemish. They faltered a bit at the end of the regular season, but went into the playoffs as the #1 seed. In the playoffs, the girls showed true talent and determination. They, too, took home the MAAC Championship with back to back wins at Saint Martin’s.