The college counseling program at Saint Francis is committed to helping students reach their potential by identifying colleges and universities that meet their personal and academic needs. We offer a student centered comprehensive individual approach to help guide each student through the college selection process. To assist students and their parents with this process a variety of services is offered including researching colleges, interest inventory and career testing for juniors, individual conferences for juniors and seniors, college tours, college information program for parents, and financial aid programs. We are dedicated to making this process a positive and exciting experience for everyone.
All graduates of Saint Francis High School receive a College Prep Diploma. Some will graduate with Distinction based on specific advanced requirements. In each of our past graduating classes,
- 95% of the students chose to attend four year colleges or universities immediately after graduation.
- 5% chose to attend junior colleges, technical schools, military path or employment.
- The class of 2018 matriculated at 33 different institutions.
- 46% stayed in Georgia to attend college, and 89% stayed in the Southeast.
- 11% went to the West and Midwestern and Norrtheast regions.
- 80% were accepted to the colleges and universities they applied to.
- 60% of the class maintained the necessary average to qualify for the HOPE Scholarship.
- In addition to this recognition by the state of Georgia, numerous other scholarship offers were made to the members of the Class of 2012.
- Scholarships and Grants not including the HOPE Scholarship totaled over $1,700,000 for all four years.